If you are interested in getting your children involved in good, old-fashioned letter writing, I’m still looking for kids ages 6-12 to participate in The Wellness Wife Pen Pal Project! I will be pairing your child with a child of the same gender and similar age to encourage writing letters and making friends in other states or even other countries. I have children all over the U.S. and Canada waiting to hear who their pen pal will be. I’d like to start matching the kids up this week, and I’d love your child to be one of them! Rest assured that your child’s address will only be exchanged with the other child and will never appear in my blog or be used for any other purpose.
I had many pen pals as a child and I loved writing to them and hearing what was going on in their life. It was fun buying new stationary or picking out postcards to send to them while on vacation. I still keep in touch with a couple of them. I would love to foster that feeling in the youth of today. The fun of writing a letter. The excitement of getting mail. Letter writing is truly a lost art and, with your help, I’d like to bring it back.
Pen Pal Exchange Project Rules:
- If you have a child or children between the ages of 6 and 12, send me an email at email@example.com with the name, age, gender, and address of your child and I will match them with a child of similar age and same gender.
- I have followers from all over the world. If you would prefer not to have your child exchange with a child in another country due to the extra cost of the stamp, please note that in your email to me.
- Your child must be able to communicate in English, either on their own or with your help.
- I would prefer that email and social media addresses are not exchanged. This is all about writing letters and realizing the joy that exchanging mail can bring.
- Ask your children to write in cursive, if possible. Like letter-writing, cursive is a dying art and I want to encourage our children become proficient in cursive. Scientists are finding that cursive is an important tool for cognitive development. Read the full story at “Why Handwriting Could Make You Smarter” on Psychology Today.
- Share this post on social media networks to increase the interest and add more names in the pool. My ability to match your children with a compatible pen pal relies on how many responses I get, so please share and encourage friends to participate.
- Bloggers – I would be thrilled and honored if you could feature this exchange on your blogs and social media networks. I’ll do all the legwork, but if I could get your help in promoting the exchange, I know it will be a huge success!
- I would love if you’d follow me either by subscribing to my email list or by following me on Facebook or Pinterest.
What to Expect:
As I begin to receive names, I will match your child with a child of the same gender and similar age. The response time all depends on how many responses I receive and how quickly I receive them.
I’m really excited about the opportunity to have children discover the fun of letter writing and receiving. Together, we can make this pen pal exchange a success!
- Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!
- My Visit to the Naturopath and Why You Need to Go, Too