I love working with yogurt cups. Since they are generally not recyclable, I have been on a quest for quite some time to find different uses for them. Here’s my newest creation to help celebrate Easter!
Recycled Yogurt Cup Easter Basket
- 1 yogurt cup
- acrylic paint in colors of your choice
- 1 inch foam brush
- smaller brush for detail work
- glue – regular old Elmer’s worked fine for me
- 1 piece of colored paper – I used a recycled envelope and painted it
- craft paint tray or something to pour the paint into (I’ve actually used yogurt cups for this, especially when kids are involved.)
- Easter grass
- Easter egg or other basket filler
The best yogurt cups are the ones that have a wrapper to remove because it leaves you with a plain white template. I use Alpina. Once wrapper is removed, paint outside and inside with your desired color with the foam brush. Once dry, put on the handle with just a tiny amount of glue. Add embellishment. Dots are a great go-to if you don’t feel adventuresome. Once the embellishments are dry, put in a small amount of Easter grass and top with an egg. Make this your own!
My goal when I make recycled crafts is to buy nothing to create the craft. Maybe I would’ve liked a splash of pink or lavender on my basket, but I don’t have those paint colors. I don’t have construction paper, so I used recycled paper and painted it. I already had the Easter grass and egg. Now I have a cute little homemade decoration that cost absolutely nothing to make! The Wellness Wife loves to save the environment and money at the same time!
You can count on more yogurt cup crafts from me, so if you are curious as to what will come next, subscribe so you don’t miss a post!
- April Spiritual Challenge: The Passion and Resurrection of Christ
- 6 Tips to Fight Stress