It’s a little over a week until The Wellness Husband and I start reading The Story with our church. I really hope you’ll join us on this spiritual journey. There are many ways to feel like part of a community while reading The Story, including a Facebook discussion group. Order the book now so we can start together! Read on to learn more…
The Story, NIV: The Bible as One Continuing Story of God and His People is the Bible condensed into 31 chapters. The content comes word-for-word from the New International Version, without the chapter and verse numbers so that it reads like a novel.
My church, King of Glory Lutheran Church, will begin reading this book together on September 14 and I would like to invite you to join us. That gives you over two weeks to order The Story so that we can all begin together.
Opportunities to be part of reading The Story with The Wellness Wife:
- Starting September 14, we will read a chapter together every week. Make it part of your routine. My husband and I plan to read it aloud after dinner. This is a great way to incorporate family Bible time.
Here are some options for enhancing the message every week. You can choose to participate in all of them or none of them. I am providing them as ways for you to connect with others who are reading The Story during this time frame.
- Join the Facebook group, Read “The Story” with The Wellness Wife, which I set up to be a virtual Bible study/discussion group.
- If you are in the greater Williamsburg, Virginia area, attend one of the Wednesday Bible studies at King of Glory that will focus on “The Story.” They are held at 9:30am (childcare provided) and 6:30pm and you do not have to be a member to attend. On the contrary, we love visitors!
- I will blog on that week’s chapter each Friday. I encourage you to subscribe to my blog (free) so you never miss a post.
- On Sunday, attend services or watch live stream at 8:00 (traditional), 9:30 (blended), or 11:00 (contemporary) and 10:45 (children’s service). The sermons and Bible readings will focus on the current chapter of The Story. Don’t be shy, we have people who join us live stream from as far away as India!
- Download Bible studies that center around The Story.
Express your commitment to reading The Story with us by commenting below and joining the Facebook group. Subscribe to The Wellness Wife so you don’t miss new posts. I am very excited about experiencing this Biblical exploration with you!
- Light and Fresh Black Beluga Lentil Salad
- The Importance of Writing Letters